Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Moment with Music

I know I am an emotional creature, especially right now, but while acting as my daughter’s music stand for a bit of last minute practicing before her solo/ensemble competition, I was incredibly moved by her music. She looked so natural with the cello seated between her knees; the simple notes, the 7th grade solo, fully focused on the sheet music, attention to every detail, the way arm and bow effortlessly move as one. Many different string instruments warm up, playing different pieces at a variety of skill levels all at one. Nothing is together but sounds beautiful anyway. And, yet, for 90 seconds while I held her music I was moved to gentle, quite, unnoticed tears. Moved by the music, the pure beautiful cello tones, and her pure beautiful, heart behind them.

1 comment: